The Call for Papers is now open
The automotive sector faces disruptive transformation within the next years. “Smart Systems for Clean, Safe and Shared Road Vehicles” will be at the heart of the answer to these disrupting changes. Thus, this will be the topic of this year’s 22nd edition of the International Forum on Advanced Microsystems for Automotive Applications (AMAA) to be held on 11-12 September 2018 in the Kaiserin Friedrich House, Berlin, Germany (www.amaa.de). Since more than 20 years, it has been the mission of the AMAA conference to detect novel trends in automotive electronics and communication systems and to discuss the implications early on.
Leading industrial engineers and academic scholars from all around the world are cordially invited to participate in the dialogue and to submit proposals for papers addressing current research and novel developments. Discussions at the conference will focus particularly on the key topics below.
- How to enable the electric, automated and shared car of the future? E.g. electrification, automation & connectivity, next generation vehicular platforms, synergies at component & architectures level, disruptive architectures, AI, low power computing, cloud services & backend, multi-standard communication, smart production, technology transfer from robotics etc.
- How to reliably perceive the environment of the vehicle? E.g. sensors for adverse weather or lighting conditions, advancement of contrast & resolutions, multi-sensor concepts, sensor data fusion, energy-efficient vehicular computing, machine-learning based perception, high-precision positioning, interaction with map data, robustness etc.
- How to tailor human-machine interaction in automated vehicles? E.g. HMI design for high automation levels, handover concepts, driver monitoring, inter-action with VRUs, intention recognition, new entertainment concepts for passengers etc.
- How to guarantee data privacy and security? E.g. competing challenges of functional safety & data security, secure communication, authentication, encryption, key management, novel concepts from hard- & soft-ware, long-term compatibility of systems etc.
- How to provide functional safety levels for and validation of fully automated vehicles? E.g. fail-operational systems, novel e/e architectures, design-for-safety, x-in-the-loop, seamless connectivity, cooperation between automotive & telecom systems, validation of non-deterministic/learning systems, top-down vs. bottom-up safety concepts, homologation, standardization etc.
- How to facilitate energy efficiency, minimize pollutant emissions and maximize electric range? E.g. smart engine sensors & controllers, novel hybrid & e-motors & control strategies, smart battery management systems, efficient power electronics, predictive energy optimization, thermal management, wireless/en route charging, energy efficiency impacts of automation etc.
The Call for Papers is now open (https://www.amaa.de/call-for-papers).
In case you are interested in contributing a paper, please submit your abstract by 19 March 2018 to email@example.com. Authors of accepted abstracts will be expected to submit a paper for the AMAA Conference Book to be published worldwide prior to the conference as part of the Springer book series “Lecture Notes in Mobility” (http://www.springer.com/series/11573), which is accessible through libraries worldwide. In order to ensure a timely publication of the book, all manuscripts have to be submitted prior to 14 May 2018.
One presenting author per accepted paper is obliged to register for the conference and will benefit from a reduced registration fee.
Further information on the conference can be found at http://www.amaa.de.
In case of any questions don’t hesitate to contact Dr. Gereon Meyer, Dr. Carolin Zachäus and Dr. Beate Müller (+49 30 310078 155, firstname.lastname@example.org).