On 28th March 2019, Mov’eo organised a seminar dedicated to the future of mobility with a clear focus on the skills and training of engineers required to meet rising mobility challenges (such as automatisation, greenification, electrification…). The seminar gave to companies, research centers and engineering schools the opportunity to address the industrial and social issues related to various aspects of tomorrow’s mobility.
The event included valuable conferences on Research, Technology, Territories and Uses about the relevant skills and trainings requiered, with the viewpoints of businesses, public transport operators, research institutes, cities and communities.
The seminar was organised in partnership with Ensta Paristech, one of the foremost graduate engineering schools in France. Ensta Paristech offers to its students a broad education in engineering to enable them to design, carry out and manage complex technical projects.
- Patrick Massin, Research and Training Director, ENSTA Paristech
- Mourad Boukhalfa, Director, INSA Rouen Normandie and Vice-president of Mov’eo
- Gérard Berry, Professor at the Collège de France – Chair in Algorithms, machines et languages
- Sylvie Thromas, Director of VEDECOM Institute training program
- Jérôme STUDER, Head of Drivers@Transdev program, TRANSDEV
- Emmanuel Veiga, Mobility Director des Mobilités, Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines Urban Community
- Sophie Schmidtlin, Advanced Engineering Director, Renault Group
The program also included a presentation of the experimentation carried out on the training modules developed within the Skillful project framework, in partnership with Politecnico di Torino and the CERTH/HIT, respectively in charge of the « Greening and electrification of road transport » and the « cooperative ITS » modules.
The experimentation was carried out between January and April 2019, by twenty 3rd-year engineering students in the class of Fabien Szmytka, associate professor, in charge of the Intelligent Mobility and Vehicle Design Program at ENSTA Paristech.
More information on the European project Skillful
The seminar was organised in partnership with