Job Offer : Data Scientist
About CARFIT Corporation
CARFIT has developed a unique way to detect car problems by analyzing vibrations at the steering wheel. CARFIT is funded and growing and is seeking a top notch full-stack software engineer to help take us to the next level. For more details, please see www.car.fit.
- You are an experienced data scientist with expertise in mining time-series and frequency data for insights.
- You have a passion for excellence and ensuring the least possible false positives, while optimizing your algorithms for large-scale deployements.
- You are curious about new technology and always expanding your knowledge of the latest and greatest data science tools.
- You also have been instrumental in finding data-driven opportunities in industrial, automotive, or other mechanical applications and have been involved in at least one broadly used product.
You have some software development experience with Python and a strong mathematics background.
If this sounds like you please reach out. We’re ready to hire for this position now.
You will be responsible for ensuring that our machine learning systems are continually growing , evolving, and improving and that they are generating new insights into vehicle problems basedon new and existing data sources. You will discover new relationships in the data, propose, execute, and deliver on data science projects.
Your daily duties will include:
- Extracting and analyzing data to derive actionable insights.
- Formulating success metrics for completely novel relationships, productizing them, and creating dashboards/reports to monitor them.
- Leaveraging machine learning tools (e.g. DataRobot, AWS AI, etc.) to establish new relationships in the data that generate value for the company.
- Working closely with the other team members to improve and evolve the product.
- Establishing internal and external success metrics and implementing them across the company and across the company’s systems.
- BS/MS in a quantitative discipline: Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, or any related disciplines.
- 1+ year(s) experience working with large amounts of real data with SQL and/or noSQL
- 1+ year(s) experience with Matlab, R, Hadoop, Kafka, Java, Python, Pig, and/or other analysis software languages and tools
- Proficiency in a Unix/Linux environment for automating processes with shell scripting.
- Able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses.
- Able to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
Our Locations CARFIT has offices in Portland, Oregon (USA), Lille (France), Paris (France) and Hong Kong.