The INNOSUP initiative addresses the challenge to develop new cross-sectoral industrial value chains across the EU, by building upon the innovation potential of SMEs. The initiative was launched by the European Commission in 2015 under the H2020 programme and now introduces the first projects approved under the 2016 call. The CyCLE project, where Mov’eo is one of the partners was approuved and will start in May 2017.
Executive Summary : describing the activities, milestones…
CyCLE will fund 6 European Superstars and 60 Disruptive SMEs in the Connected Car OpenSpace by 5 European Cluster and 2 global ecosystems with the support of 10 Global Corporations and 5 pioneering startups. An acceleration and smartization virtuous cycle methodology in the OpenSpace with vehicle, infrastructure and device & TelCo interactions and consumer & business services across 6 industrial value chains (Mobility, Automotive, Electronics, ICT, Services and Infrastructure) will lead to Value Link-Chains.
The CyCle consortium consists of CTAG, Mov´eo, INSERO, MSAK and LPMT as Gold+ clusters and PSA Citröen, Ferrovial and FIWARE Foundation (Telefonica, Orange and Atos) as Corporations; Mobile World Capital as the world´s best digital event out of Barcelona; ISDI as the world´s first native digital Business School; and FundingBox as the European leading platform for SMEs funding will guarantee excellent implementation. FIA Region 1 out of Brussels leverages the OpenSpace to a LivingLab with 112 Mobility Clubs and 38 Million of drivers. Argus, Hevo, Botcar, Spiri and Little are the pioneering connected car startups that will collaborate in the disruption discovery process. PARP, the Polish Agency for SME Development and 19 regional ecosystems will ensure the Connected Car OpenSpace is aligned with ESIF and Smart Specialization to guarantee sustainability across the territories.
Beyond the 4 million euro support for the SMEs within the project, CyCle will seek private funding of 1 million euros and 1 million euros of mobilized ESIF. For this purpose, the “CyCLE Excellence Label” will be instrumental.
CyCle will demonstrate that public clusterization and disruption discovery with key Innovation actors (SMEs) and proper corporate engagement develops Emerging Industries and builds the EU of “entrepreneurial states”.
- Organise a proper “Open Space” for cross-sectoral fertilisation to support a rapid development of the emerging Connected Car Industry (CCI) in Europe.
- Discovering and supporting a portfolio of 72 disruptors of the CCI
- Drive an innovative Smartization programme for the SMEs selected which will be organised in three main stages: a ‘1st Stage. Discovery Boot Camp’, a ‘2nd Stage. Ignition Plan’, and a ‘3rd Stage. Product/process/method Development’
- Strongly support the formal creation of new value chains around the Connected Car emerging industry.
- Become the leading Europe’s community of the Connected Car and also an instrument to speed up the smart reindustrialisation of the EU industries which might be mainstreamed to other regions/sectors
Sectoral/industrial focus: Connected Car, Automobile, ICT, Advanced Manufacturing, IoT, Road Infrastructures
- 4.000 active members in C-Car hubs network
- 5 pioneer use-cases developed in the project
- 6 C-Car Awards in 3 editions (one before each open call and 2 prizes per award edition) with €225K available distributed
- 3 CyCLE Open Calls (batches) awarding 60 disruptive SMEs with €1,9Million available distributed
- 35,500 SMEs directly reached
- 12 SMEs signing ‘partnership agreements’ with rooted companies (e.g. 4 per open call batch)
- 100 CyCLE ‘Disruptors Label’ given to get link with ESIF mobilisation at Regional level
Events organized by the project:
- 3 top events attended (Frankfurt Automobile Show, on September 2017, before 1st Open Call; 4YFN @ Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, February-March 2018, before 2nd Open Call; Paris Automobile Show, October 2018, before 3rd Open Call)
- 30 matchmaking events organized by 5 C-CAR Hubs (e.g. 2 events per call and hub)
- 9 InfoDays organised by partners
- 12 Bootcamps to foster networking and cross collaboration (4 per Open Call batch): Disruptive, Digital, Technical and Funding
Information on the project CyCLE (Grant Agreement no 731343)
Programme: HORIZON 2020
Call identifier (optional): H2020-INNOSUP-2016-2017/H2020-INNOSUP-01-2016-twoStage
Project full name: Connected Car VaLuE Chain
Duration: from (April/2017) till (September/2019)
|Participant No||Participant Organisation Name||Country|
|1 (Coordinator)||FUNDINGBOX ACCELERATOR SP ZOO (FBOX)||PL|
|2||FUNDACION PARA LA PROMOCION DE LA INNOVACION, INVESTIGACION Y DESARROLLO TECNOLOGICO EN LA INDUSTRIA DE
AUTOMOCION DE GALICIA (CTAG)
|3||INSERO AS (INSERO)||DK|
|5||MORAVSKOSLEZSKY AUTOMOBILOVY KLASTR OS (MSAK)||CZ|
|6||LUBELSKI PARK NAUKOWO – TECHNOLOGICZNY SA (LPNT)||PL|
|7||FUNDACIO BARCELONA MOBILE WORLD CAPITAL FOUNDATION (FMWC)||ES|
|8||INTERNETSIA, S.L. (ISDI)||ES|
|9||POLSKA AGENCJA ROZWOJU PRZEDSIEBIORCZOSCI (PARP)||PL|
|10||FERROVIAL SERVICIOS SA (FERRO)||ES|
|11||PEUGEOT CITROEN AUTOMOBILES S.A. (PSA)||FR|
|12||FIWARE FOUNDATION EV (FIWARE)||DE|
|13||FEDERATION INTERNATIONALE DE L’AUTOMOBILE (FIA)||FR|
|14||THE SWAMP IOT FACTORY SL (SIOFT)||ES|
|15||LITTLE ELECTRIC CAR ESPANA SL (LITTLE)||ES|
|16||SPIRI APS (SPIRI)||DK|
|17||ARGUS CYBER SECURITY LTD (ARGUS)||IL|
|18||HEVO EUROPE BV (HEVO)||NL|